Who am I?
I’m RyanE, and I write Control4 drivers. I also write Control4 4Store Apps from time to time, and have been known to write CGIs and Control4 tools.
I’ve had an automated home for 15+ years, currently implemented with Control4.
Why Untested Hacks?
Hack n. or v.: (Urban Dictionary)
1. (n.) A clever or elegant technical accomplishment, especially one with a playful or prankish bent. A clever routine in a computer program, especially one which uses tools for purposes other than those for which they were intended, might be considered a hack.
2. (v.) To jury-rig or improvise something inelegant but effective, usually as a temporary solution to a problem.
This website is just a hack; I’m going to go back and put some real code in later.
Untested? Well, I’m sure you can figure that part out. If you can’t, it means:
- No warranty
- No support
- If it breaks, you get to keep all the pieces
- If it messes up your Control4 system, that’s too bad.
What’s included? What’s not?
Hacks on this site do NOT include (and will NOT include):
- How to obtain ComposerPro without becoming / working for a Control4 dealer
- How to ‘DIY’ your Control4 installation
- How to obtain free licenses to Control4 services
I don’t consider these hacks in the true sense of the word, so don’t ask.
Disclaimer: The views expressed on UntestedHacks.com are NOT the views of Control4, and I do not speak for Control4 in any official capacity on this site.